Here at Morisset and Children’s Centre, we are passionate about embedding our practice with both the National Quality Standards and the Early Years Learning Framework. The five Learning Outcomes being promoted consistently in both of our learning environments are:
Children have a strong sense of identity
Children are connected with and contribute to their world
Children have a strong sense of well being
Children are confident and involved learners
Children are effective communicators.
Jellyfish Room 0-2 years
The Jellyfish room consists of 4 children per day and is for children of 6 weeks to 2 years old.
In our Jellyfish room we believe and understand that the first two years of your child’s life are a time of rapid growth and development where every second matters.
Babies learn by exploring, experimenting and observing and that’s why we offer a play-based learning program with a flexible indoor/outdoor routine.
Our qualified educators provide safe and challenging, yet predictable environments for babies to explore, learn and develop in.
Even from a young age an appreciation for and understanding of the environment is crucial for future generations. Our nursery room encourages that important connection to the physical world through recycling arts and caring for our plants and natural environments.
We know how scary it can be leaving your little one, so our educators provide families with daily updates, information, photos and progress notes through our online app – Storypark.
Starfish Room 2-3 years
The Starfish room consists of 8 children from ages 2 – 3 years old.
The program is designed to enhance your child’s social and emotional development through experiences which include (but not be limited to):
- Yoga, Meditation, Visual Arts, Literacy and Numeracy, Music and exploring the outdoor environment through a play-based program
- Building on self-help skills
- Regular excursions to the local library, local shops, schools, ovals and Bush Kindy
The Starfish room routines and learning experiences are flexible enough to extend on spontaneous learning, yet sound enough to provide children with a sense of security and stability, enabling them to know what is going to happen next, thus building their confidence and sense of self.
Seahorses Room 3-5 years
Our Seahorse Room is an exciting, engaging environment for our 3-5 year old children. In this room we will be able to focus on developing important skills and knowledge that children need before starting Kindergarten. This may include (but not be limited to);
- Enhancing your child’s social & emotional development through experiences such as Yoga & Meditation.
- Supporting Self Regulation.
- Group Participation & Contributions.
- Building on their self-help skills (including looking after their own belongings) and ability to follow direction.
- Fostering their independence and exercising self-responsibility
- Extending their fine motor and co-ordination skills through activities such as threading, cutting etc
- As well as introducing early academic knowledge such as Numbers, Letters & Pre-writing skills through a play-based learning program.
- Regular excursions to the local library, local shops, schools, ovals and Bush Kindy.
We pride ourselves on providing an environment that is open-ended, based on the children’s current interests, and flexible enough to allow for all different individual learning needs, with supportive educators.